Last Updated SEPTEMBER 2023
2. The Types of Information That Terry James Photography Collects About You and How Terry James Photography Collects Information About You
Terry James Photography may collect two types of information from you when you visit the Platform: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information (collectively “Information”).
• “Personal Information” refers to data by which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address, employer, job title and department, and telephone number.
• “Non-Personal Information” means data that is about you, but does not identify you specifically. If you do nothing during your visit to our Platform but browse, read pages, or view content, we will gather and store Information about your visit that does not identify you personally.
We collect Information:
• From third parties. We obtain information through partners, vendors, suppliers and other third parties. The parties from whom we obtain information are typically corporate enterprises (although some may also be educational or public enterprises) and they may be located in any of the locations in which we do business. These enterprises largely fall into the following categories: Advertising and marketing companies, data set and information vendors, public database providers, social media platforms, partners, providers of products or services, hosts or vendors at events or trade shows, research partners, or enterprises that use Terry James Photography Services. We take steps to confirm that information we receive from these third parties has been collected with your consent or that these parties are otherwise legally permitted to disclose your Personal Information to us. We might also obtain information through a partner, or co-create datasets with a partner, as part of our business operations. This kind of data is used for work like improving the Platform and other Terry James Photography Services, enhancing existing products and developing new capabilities and features. In some cases we combine Personal Information about individuals that we receive from multiple sources, including directly collected from you or through your use of the Platform.
How Terry James Photography Uses Personal Information It Collects About You and the Purposes for the Collection and Use
We use Personal Information that we collect about you or that you provide to us for the following purposes:
• For Customer Support, Platform Updating and Reporting. The Platform may use information to provide Terry James Photography with updates and reports, and to check that the Platform is working properly. Update functions may automatically check your system to see whether files need to be refreshed, updated, or modernized, in order to provide you with the up-to-date security, versions, features, options and controls associated with your systems or devices. We rely on information to analyze performance and improve and maintain the Platform. We also rely on Personal Information you provide to us to provide you with customer support for the Platform and other Terry James Photography Services, and to verify eligibility for promotional offers.
• For Business Operations. We use information to operate our business; for example, to perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities. Other business purposes that depend on use of your Personal Information include crime or fraud monitoring and prevention, protecting our legal rights, and performing contractual obligations. We also use Personal Information to contact you to advertise, market and sell Terry James Photography Services in accordance with your communications preferences.
• To Communicate. We use contact information to send messages; to provide Terry James Photography Services; to respond to customer service requests; to provide alerts such as security updates or changes in our policies or about subscriptions that are ending; and to send marketing or informational materials like newsletters or white papers, in accordance with your communication preferences. We occasionally conduct surveys, or do focused research or studies which may require you to voluntarily share Personal Information in order to participate. These activities typically have additional notices that provide more information about the use of your Personal Information and to which you may be asked to consent.
• For Advertising and Marketing. We may use Personal Information collected from you, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, to enable us to provide personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising and marketing campaigns. You may choose whether to allow or deny uses or sharing of your device’s location by changing your device settings, but if you choose to deny such uses or sharing, we may not be able to provide you with certain personalized Terry James Photography Services and content on the Platform.
• For Statistical Purposes to Improve the Platform. We may compile Platform statistics into traffic reports, which help Terry James Photography understand, anticipate, and respond to user needs. If we learn, for example, of heightened interest in certain aspects of the Terry James Photography Platform, we are likely to highlight that information on the Platform home page. This Information helps us create a better overall experience for Platform users.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see “YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS” below for further information. And in some circumstances we will anonymize your Personal Information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
How Terry James Photography Protects Your Information
The Platform is designed to provide reasonable and appropriate administrative, technical and organizational security measures to protect your Personal Information against risks such as temporary or permanent loss, destruction, and unauthorized or unlawful access, alteration, use or disclosure. We require our suppliers and vendors to apply similar protections when they access or use Personal Information that we share with them. Users of the Platform must also do their part in protecting the data, systems, networks, and service they are utilizing. No technology, data transmission or system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that your password to any Terry James Photography account has been compromised), please immediately notify us by contacting us here https://terryjamesphotography.com/contact-us